Supporting our members in the merit shop electrical industry.
Contractor Membership Benefits
Membership with the Midwest IEC chapter provides industry support to the merit shop electrical contractor.
Business Services & Support
- Manpower sharing as business changes.
- Equipment sharing, minimizing your capital investment.
- Information on changing local market and national trends.
- Presentations and group discussions on local and national issues at meetings.
- Merit Shop support to keep your business independent.
- Contractor networking at chapter meetings and special events.
- Annual EXPO – September 14, 2020.
Apprenticeship Training Program
- Bureau of Apprenticeship Training Program approved by the Department of Labor.
- Your employees can attend our Brick & Mortar program at our Training Center or the areas only online program for electrical apprentices’ taught by the “Best in the Business.”
- Management and Continuing Training.
- Members only website access at www.ieci.org.
- Attend our National Convention and network with fellow IEC members from across the country.
- Lifetime friendships fostered by National and Chapter social events.
- Sense of identity for your company in your industry.
- Direct contact with local, county, and state officials to affect a positive business climate.
- Local, State, and Federal Lobbying, designed to protect merit shop owners from erroneous legislation and regulations.
- Annual Legislative and Leadership Conferences that allow you to directly participate in government and the development of the IEC national organization.
- Industry Partner Relationships with many major product manufacturers, distributors, and service providers to the electrical contracting industry.
- IEC members sit on every NEC code-making panel and with groups such as UL, NEMA, ASTM, and others. They represent your issues and are invaluable sources for the latest information.
IEC’s Partner Programs give members access to information, training, and business support. Our local and National Industry Partners offer exclusive discounts with Home Depot, Federated Insurance, UPS Store, Hertz, Aflac, Staples, and many more.
Become a Contractor Member
The applicant, for affiliation in the IEC, shall be an independent legally licensed contractor in the State of Indiana and Illinois. The applicant states that he/she is in accordance with the stated principles of this Association, and agrees to abide by the Rules and Regulations and Code of Ethics of the Association as proclaimed in its Bylaws, and Authoritative Actions of its Board of Directors. He/she also agrees to pay this Association all dues, assessments, and fees when due. This application is for businesses located in the following Counties: Indiana – Lake, Porter, & Newton; Illinois – Cook, Will, & Kankakee